Nina Valkhoff worked for /with:
Nina Valkhoff is an illustrator and muralist from Rotterdam,
The Netherlands. She has been working as a professional muralist for over 20 years with works in Sweden, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, Argentina, Portugal, Mexico, France and Ireland.
Nina studied illustration at the Willem de Kooning Art Academy in Rotterdam. Her work can be seen worldwide on streets, apartment buildings, restaurants, offices, and shops.
Making big mural paintings is her passion. She loves to cover her walls with plants and animals, especially with endangered species in order to make people aware of their existence, to show the beauty of these animals and to point out our selective love for the cute or more common animals.
Besides making murals, she likes painting animals on vintage leather bags. In this way she re-purposes them by giving them a new soul and turning them into an unique piece of art.
Street art festival participations
- Pow!Wow! Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 2019
- Waterford Walls, Ireland, 2019
- Street Art Biennale Padova, Italy, 2021
- Goldmine Festival, Gent, Belgium, 2021
- Step in the Arena, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 2021
- Drawda festival, Drogheda, Ireland, 2022
- Group exhibition 'Mooi Collective art sale', Mexico City, 2017
- Group exhibition 'Street Money' at Gallery Sakura, Paris, France, 2020
- Solo exhibition 'Animals like us' at Gallery Untitled, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 2021
- Group exhibition 'Sneakers generation' at Gallery Sakura, Paris, France, 2021
- Group exhibition 'Street in the can' at Gallery Sakura, Paris, France, 2022